A beautiful stone bridge in nearby Qufu, Confucius’ hometown.
Jinan will host a national art festival starting October 10th. As a result, I’ve had art on my mind a lot.
This engraving is from the Shandong Provincial Museum, one of my favorite places in the city.
June’s theme is tranquility. I hope it is a tranquil month. Yesterday I went on a daytrip a ways out of Jinan, but close enough, to Zhujiayu. So tranquil, not the least bit crowded. We commissioned a car and with the help of a former student got to this out of the way spot.
More City Daily Photo Theme Day Entries
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use a “postaday2011″ or “postaweek2011″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter 2 (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Peaceful (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Peaceful (4OTOMO.wordpress.com)
- Peace at Aspen Daily Photo
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Peaceful